Congrats to Cody & Mikayla, who wed this past Saturday! The couple “met in class at TCU – Texas Christian University in April of 2015. Cody graduated in May 2015 & is working as a Mechanical Engineer at Lockheed Martin. The couple became engaged on 8-7-15 & got married on 5-21-16. The couple will live in Fort Worth, Texas. Mikayla will graduate from TCU in December 2017 with a degree from Neeley School of Business at TCU in Supply Chain Management.” Best wishes, you two! Photos by KC studios Photography.
Congrats to Lauren & Daniel, who wed April 2nd! The bride “grew up in Fort Worth, Texas & always dreamed of having her wedding there!” The “groom’s family & friends traveled over from England.” It was a lovely ceremony with a reception at The Ashton Depot Catering & Events. Photos by Jessica Gold Photography, flowers by A Rose in Bloom.
Came across an old sketch in our files today. Based on the size of the trees, it was likely done in the 60’s. Artist unknown.
Check out their amazing wedding video here- https://vimeo.com/165818171
Congrats to Luke & Marisa! The couple met during their sophomore year at TCU – Texas Christian University. They graduated in 2012 & married 4-9-16. What a great way to complete their TCU experience!
A question I frequently get is- Who uses RCC, besides weddings? Considering we do not have a congregation, people often do not understand what kind of events go on in a chapel on a college campus. Here is a list of who uses RCC…
- Brite Choir- every Thursday
- Brite Christian Worship Class
- Brite spring celebration/awards ceremony
- Brite Student Association- Death Penalty Awareness Vigils, advent service, prayer vigil for justice
- organ practice
- weekly Tuesday chapel
- TCU Worship Groups
- Catholic Community- 2 masses every Sunday, Ash Wednesday, Holy Thursday
- Delight Ministries- every Tuesday
- Episcopal Studies Program- weekly Holy Eucharist
- Reformed University Fellowship- worship
- Religious & Spiritual Life- Frogs First Worship, Carols by Candlelight, Ash Wednesday, student/faculty/staff memorials
- Student Mobilization- StuMo late night
- Worship Team- outdoor hymn sing
- TCU Fraternities & Sororities
- Alpha Omicron Pi- chapter initiation
- Beta Theta Pi- induction
- Beta Upsilon Chi- initiation, bid night
- Delta Delta Delta- initiation
- Delta Gamma- initiation
- Delta Sigma Theta- induction ceremony
- Eta Iota Sigma- inductions
- Gamma Phi Beta- initiation
- Order of Omega- initiation
- Pi Kappa Phi- notification, parent’s weekend chapter church, pre-initiation
- Sigma Chi- lecture
- Sigma Kappa- initiation
- Sigma Nu- candidate ceremony, candidate education
- Sigma Theta Tau (Honor Society for nursing)- induction ceremony
- TCU Schools, Colleges, Departments
- Air force ROTC- POW/MIA ceremony
- Arnold Air Society- pinning ceremony
- Harris College of Nursing- White Coat Ceremony
- Mortar Board (National College Senior Honor Society)- initiation
- Religion Department/Honors College- guest preacher, poem readings
- Strategic Communication & Extended Education- Certified Public Communicator Program Graduation
- TCU School of Music
- A Capella Society- spring concert
- graduate recitals
- conducting rehearsals
- organ practices
- Trumpet studio class
- Women’s Choir- rehearsals & recitals
- American Guild of Organists- workshop & recital
- Marriage proposals
- Bridal portraits
- Wedding rehearsals
- Renewing vows
BYX fraternity pictured.
DYK- rain is supposed to be good luck on your wedding day because it represents renewal, unity, cleansing, fertility, & no more tears of loneliness!
Wishing everyone a safe, happy, & fun-filled spring break! Check out these gorgeous flowers on TCU’s campus. How lucky are we to be surrounded by such beauty every day?! God bless TCU!
Congrats Layne & Hendrick, who wed 2-13-16! The couple’s story: “Hendrik and I met on a social media app called Tinder right before we both graduated from Texas A&M. He immediately went to Pensacola, FL for Navy Flight School and I went to Dallas, TX for my first nursing job. The long distance aspect of our relationship strengthened our love for each other because it was sink or swim. Hendrik popped the question a year and a half after we met on top of the Pensacola lighthouse. Our wedding was a dream at the Robert Carr Chapel, we loved the beautiful grounds around the chapel and the red carpet with white walls and bay windows giving it a traditional and classic atmosphere. We now live in Norfolk, Virginia where Hendrik is finishing up his Naval Flight Training and I work as a Cardio-thoracic nurse with our sweet husky-golden retriever puppy, Nala. We live be moving around a lot with this military life but after all those adventures we can’t wait to be back in Texas to settle down.”